Thursday, April 22, 2010

American Food

It's no wonder America is thought of as the fattest country.
Mozzarella sticks: breaded cheese sticks. I recently found out that they taste the same without the cheese in the middle.
Hamburgers: ground steak on bread. Then people start stacking patties. Double and Triple quarter-pounders.
Hotdogs: mystery meat wrapped in sheep intestine. Yum. And you're wrong. You really don't know what's in a hot dog. They put leftovers, also known as Variety Meats, in hotdogs. That means livers, hearts, a mixture of beef, turkey, pork, chicken, and whatever else is left. Have you ever noticed that hotdogs are relatively cheap? It's because low quality leftovers are used to produce them.
Snack Cakes: daily calorie hogs. I have to admit that zebra cakes are like manna from heaven. However, one package would make up one-fourth of my suggested caloric intake.
Onion Rings: breaded onions. A vegetable that's healthy for the body but that wreaks havoc upon the breath is coated with flour and spices then fried. What's the point? I still don't see how someone came up with doing that.
French Fries. Nuff said.
Hot Wings.
Chicken Fingers.
Chicken Fried Steak.
Chili. (maybe you'll be lucky and find a finger!)
Steak.
Pan Pizza. (Italians made pizza thin for a reason)
Vienna Sausages. (I've seen someone drink the leftover juice - not pretty)
Jello. (there are cow bones in that stuff)
Those individual fruit pies. (they use beef fat. I'm still not sure why)
Tex-Mex. (Mexican food already involves frying; why refry?)

It's often said, "You are what you eat." I guess that would make us as Americans stereotypically greasy and fried. Looking around, I see that it's true. It's been proven that chocolate intake doesn't cause acne and other skin problems. However, eating greasy foods does. I see greasy faces and greasy hair that stem from our greasy fingers. Of course, the body naturally produces its own oils but the amount of oil put into the blood stream through food consumption adds more. As for fried, we fake bake. We bleach and color our hair until it's a lovely shade of tye-dye. In the end, we are popcorn chicken. We're crispy, fried around the edges, and too 'chicken' to do anything about it.
I'm not trying to turn anyone vegetarian, but maybe we should do unto our bodies as we would want them to do unto us. In other words, if you wanna be greasy, eat greasy foods. If not, don't.

Later Days
Peace
H

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My 40 days as a vegetarian did make me feel healthier, but it made me crave more junk food due to lack of protein. Sure being a vegetarian has its perks, but it has it's fair share of disadvantages... I still don't know how I feel about this post because I think it's one-sided, but I like it. I'm not sure. hahaha let me think about it.

WV: snesscin

Hans Schmidt said...

I eat junk food because it tastes good, is cheap, and filling (and also because a baconator with fries from Wendy's only has about half of my required calorie intake). Also: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/4/7/

Unknown said...

hahahaha I love that comic. Hilarious. Chan, it's gonna be one sided; I wrote it.